Oct 8, 2008

To Twit or not to Twiter?


I jumped on the Twitter bandwagon back when Obama was new news. (when was that? seems like years ago) I know that this was the time, because I joined Twitter to join a group on Google Maps that was tracking Obama's progress in that election that happened ages ago. When I joined Twitter I found it confusing at best and lame at worst. Initially I was intruged, but because non of my friends were Twittering it was kinda pointless at that point in my life.

I forgot about it.

Then some of my friends got bit by the Twitter bug. They were getting Twitter updates on their phones and computers all the time, it kinda made them seem really popular. Every couple minutes their phone whould alert them of a new txt telling them of thier friends latest news.

Being the people person and friend junkie that I am, I decided to give Twitter a second chance. I reopened my account, and found a few but not many of my friends. I signed up to follow them, and they follow me. Yes I know that it seems stalkerish, but you are signing up for it, so it is not as creepy as if people were just following you uninvited. Anyhow, at first it was exciting, my phone would be going off every few moments telling me the latest news in my friends lives, and even the responces of their other followers would be sent to me. I could text Twitter and tell them where I was or what I was doing or thinking and they would publish all that info pretty much instantlly on my Facebook, Myspace and who knows where.

Did I mention before I am a People Person? Oh yep right before this. Yeah, which is why I am thinking Twitter is not actually the best thing ever. You see, now I know all about my friends at every moment of my day, but I no longer hear from them. Sure I get a little Twittering here and there, but for a girl like me who thrives on interpersonal communication it is pretty much sucking the life out of my social life.

Even when I do see or chat with my Twitter friends there is really nothing left to talk about, because they have been letting me and the entire world know their day to day stuff, without ever talking to them. So my friends, I am de-twittering once again.

Which in all honsety has been put off a little too long. I turned off all phone updates weeks ago, and really stopped reading along about then too. If you want to chat or grab a cup of coffee let me know. I am sure you will find another way of reaching me.

No comments:

quotes i love

  • "they will never care how much you know until they know how much you care."
  • "never be afraid to trust a well known God with an unknown future." - Corrie Ten Boom
  • "God doesn't need you, He loves you, that is much better."
  • "the world has yet to see what God can do through a man/woman who is totally commited to him." - D.L. Moody
  • "be who you is, cause if is ain't who you is, you is who you ain't."-
  • "some people say movies should be more like real life. I say real life should be more like the movies."