Oct 11, 2008

Obama Is Not The Only One Preaching Change

This weekend I am at the National Youth Workers Convention in Sacramento this weekend. I have been looking forward to this weekend since last year. Even when I wrongly assumed it was at the Arco Arena and which I thought was possibly the worst spot ever...even then I was eagerly waiting for this chance to get away with people who have for various reasons have chosen to follow the call that God has placed on their heart. I am here surrounded by about 2,500 Youth Pastors who have gathered to learn, challenge, be challenged, grow, rest and worship. It is one of my favorite weekends of the year. And thankfully it is not at the Arco Arena, but rather the Convention Center.

I came ready to learn and be challenged and I have been. I cannot even begin to cover here all of the things I am learning and thinking about. But, friends rest assured that Obama is not the only one preaching Change. Change is in the air around here, and seeing as the wind is blowing a lot things are getting russled about. It is refreshing, and yet uncomfortable at times.

More to come about this I am sure either on the blog or in practice or both. Hopefully both.

No comments:

quotes i love

  • "they will never care how much you know until they know how much you care."
  • "never be afraid to trust a well known God with an unknown future." - Corrie Ten Boom
  • "God doesn't need you, He loves you, that is much better."
  • "the world has yet to see what God can do through a man/woman who is totally commited to him." - D.L. Moody
  • "be who you is, cause if is ain't who you is, you is who you ain't."-
  • "some people say movies should be more like real life. I say real life should be more like the movies."