Aug 30, 2008
Aug 26, 2008
- Sit in a coffee shop and read a book about whatever I want - check
- Go out to Pizza with friends - check
- Wander around Powells - check
- Go window shopping on 23rd - check
- Go to Fred Meyer and sit on the furniture displays - check
- Watch the Office - check
- See the Rose Garden for a good chat with - Check
- Go to Washington Park - Check
- Explore the Art Museum- Check
- Have other random meals with friends - Check
- Coffee (Dutch Brothers) and more - check
- Catch up on blogs - check
- Visit Old Stomping Grounds of GFU - Check
- Go to Coffee Cottage for old times sake - Check
- Explore Portland - Check
- Go to really cool Theater and watch a great French film - Check (we must get a Living Room Theater in SC)
- Go to Ringlers Annex McMenamins and read a good book - Check
- Try Bubble Tea (still not a fan, but it was better than last time) and hear a fun band - Check
- Have amazing crepes at Le Happy - Check
- Make Creatures at the Mac Store
- Explore old Churches
Aug 25, 2008
"Our happiest moments as tourists always seem to come when we stumble upon one thing while in pursuit of something else." — Lawrence Block"To awaken alone in a strange town is one of the pleasantest sensations in the world." —Freya Stark
"Stop worrying about the potholes in the road and celebrate the journey." -- Fitzhugh Mullan
"Good company in a journey makes the way seem shorter." -- Izaak Walton
"I have found out that there ain't no surer way to find out whether you like people or hate them than to travel with them." -- Mark Twain
"A journey is best measured in friends, rather than miles." – Tim Cahill
"A journey is like marriage. The certain way to be wrong is to think you control it." –- John Steinbeck
It was not the trip we planed but it was still a good journey!
Aug 3, 2008
So its the first Sunday of the month which in my church signals that it is time to take the Lords Supper as a way to remember His death on the cross for our sins. This morning as I was holding my little plastic cup filled with juice with the bread of life between my fingers I heard my 8 year old brother goofing off, "umm yummy, Jesus' blood tastes good." At first I thought to turn and give him one of those you better knock it off looks that I am so practiced at, but then I thought about what he had said. And as I lifted the cup to my mouth to partake I too noticed the sweetness as it passed my lips.
Why? I wondered was I so quick to silence my little brothers yammering, when it held such truth. Maybe, he should learn to hold his tongue, but maybe he was coming as he is to the Lord's table to partake in the blood and body of Christ in his own childlike way. And why shouldn't the blood of Jesus seem sweet? Do we not sing, "O the Sweet, Sweet Blood of Jesus"?
quotes i love
- "they will never care how much you know until they know how much you care."
- "never be afraid to trust a well known God with an unknown future." - Corrie Ten Boom
- "God doesn't need you, He loves you, that is much better."
- "the world has yet to see what God can do through a man/woman who is totally commited to him." - D.L. Moody
- "be who you is, cause if is ain't who you is, you is who you ain't."-
- "some people say movies should be more like real life. I say real life should be more like the movies."