Jan 5, 2008

When you cry the whole world cries with you...


I don't know if that is an actual saying or just something that my mind has complied into a saying that fits my week. (now I am thinking it was originally when you smile)Whatever the case I started crying on Wednesday when one of my students went missing, and with all of the rain that we have right now, it sure seems like the whole world is crying with me. As it should. The world should be in grief over the state of our youth culture, where lives are being torn apart by early introductions to a messed up grown up lifestyle. Where teens are expected to grow up fast, and yet are unprepared to do so, where they are not only experimenting with drugs but using them, not only depressed but showing it on their arms as the let their own blood flow to ease the pain they are holding inside. My heart it broken not just for my student who has left home, but for the many students who are experiencing similar situations. For the Jr. Higher's who are out late, alone, lost in a world they stumbled into, for those who have been sent away to get the help that they cannot find here, for the kids who are having to be moms and dads because their parents are acting like kids. My heart is broken and I weep as does the world outside. And I cry for the parents who have lost hope who have no more answers and who feel like they have lost all ability to relate. I grieve for you all and for our society as it only seems to be deteriorating faster.

No comments:

quotes i love

  • "they will never care how much you know until they know how much you care."
  • "never be afraid to trust a well known God with an unknown future." - Corrie Ten Boom
  • "God doesn't need you, He loves you, that is much better."
  • "the world has yet to see what God can do through a man/woman who is totally commited to him." - D.L. Moody
  • "be who you is, cause if is ain't who you is, you is who you ain't."-
  • "some people say movies should be more like real life. I say real life should be more like the movies."