Feb 2, 2009

ok

So needless to say, though I am saying it anyway...it has been a long time. Sorry.

Life has a way of becoming, dare I say, more important and more pressing than blogging I'm afraid. Let me catch you up on life just a bit.

Umm never mind, it doesn't really matter suffice to say I was busy, out of town, sick and oh yeah busy. Now I am just three of those things. (I'm in town)

Today has me perplexed, for lack of a better word. I am not feeling nearly as sick as I have been for the past week, and yet, I am really light headed and kinda cold and shaky. I woke up feeling better, and I even got my walk in with Heather, then headed to my "office" (coffee cat) to spend some good quality time with God. Not a bad start to a Monday.

Then I got to my office and simple things like printing papers and such all decided to become very difficult. Printing off centered or leaving portions off all together. I was then thrown off because someone I know and love is having a bad day, and making choices that are not the best in my humble opinion. I could do nothing to sway them, so I am left feeling saddened for them. I have also come to realize that there are just somethings I cannot control, and though I have always known that, it drives me nuts when I cannot help people. As I was praying this morning I was so aware of how many people I know who are suffering, and how many more I know who are falling away from God. And it just breaks my heart. Then there are so many many friends who are in financial need, or in need of a job. I guess you could say today I am overwhelmed.

I had a great time with the students and leaders who went on the snow trip last week. God was really faithful in opening doors for communication change, but now we are back. I long to have those doors remain open for us to continue to allow God to heal and mend and work, but then I see them already closing.

So this is a sad and kind of disjointed blog. but that is how I am feeling at the moment.

No comments:

quotes i love

  • "they will never care how much you know until they know how much you care."
  • "never be afraid to trust a well known God with an unknown future." - Corrie Ten Boom
  • "God doesn't need you, He loves you, that is much better."
  • "the world has yet to see what God can do through a man/woman who is totally commited to him." - D.L. Moody
  • "be who you is, cause if is ain't who you is, you is who you ain't."-
  • "some people say movies should be more like real life. I say real life should be more like the movies."