Jun 11, 2008

Smoke Signals





Friends, the area of Bonny Doon is ablaze. If you are not from my neighborhood know that these pictures are taken from the door of my office. The fire danger is real for many members of our church and community already. Join me in taking the smoke as a signal to be in in prayer. Pray with me for the community, families, land, firefighters, rescue workers. Pray also for peace to rule in the hearts and minds of all of those touched by this fire.

Thank you for praying with me.

For more updates...
http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=news/local&id=6199895

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

some people say movies should be more like real life. I say real life should be more like the movies."
This last quote is the best. you know how to live- yes. well organized presentation of ur thoughts/life.
www.hemraaj.blogspot.com

Kevin said...

Yeah - my home state of Colorado catches on fire too. One summer in college was the worst in my life, and ash was falling from the sky - like snow in the summer - though the fire was over a 100 miles away. Crazy.

quotes i love

  • "they will never care how much you know until they know how much you care."
  • "never be afraid to trust a well known God with an unknown future." - Corrie Ten Boom
  • "God doesn't need you, He loves you, that is much better."
  • "the world has yet to see what God can do through a man/woman who is totally commited to him." - D.L. Moody
  • "be who you is, cause if is ain't who you is, you is who you ain't."-
  • "some people say movies should be more like real life. I say real life should be more like the movies."