Jun 3, 2008

Second Times A Charm...


Well...Hopefully it's true. This is my 2nd New computer in less than a week. In case you have had better things to keep track of, let me remind you that my old church computer bit the dust on my Tahoe "study leave" trip. So I went old school, back to pencil and paper, and actually got a lot done. Amazing how that works, but that doesn't work forever, so last week I went to Circuit City and purchased a Gateway laptop (never been a fan, but cheap is an effective selling point for a church budget) Then yesterday my New computer which I was just getting used to, decided it did not want to turn on. Bummer. (putting it lightly) After much coaxing it did allow me to reload Vista (yes I realize this is a problem in itself) and wall-la we were back in business, well almost. Now it would turn on, but it was looking kinda warped, and it would not recognize the fact that it did posses a wireless card. Not a good thing.
So today I took it back to the people in the red shirts, and they kindly let me pick out a new laptop. No questions asked, which makes you think I am not the only one who has had to return this laptop. And because they were out of the cheap Cow computer I got to get a more expensive HP for less ;) This is a selling point for anyone!

All that to say I am happy to have a working computer and my fingers are crossed that this one will work longer than a week.

No comments:

quotes i love

  • "they will never care how much you know until they know how much you care."
  • "never be afraid to trust a well known God with an unknown future." - Corrie Ten Boom
  • "God doesn't need you, He loves you, that is much better."
  • "the world has yet to see what God can do through a man/woman who is totally commited to him." - D.L. Moody
  • "be who you is, cause if is ain't who you is, you is who you ain't."-
  • "some people say movies should be more like real life. I say real life should be more like the movies."