Apr 26, 2008
I have been in a must try new things mode. I have, like previously mentioned tried new books. Which then lead to trying new recipes. I made Frenchified Meatloaf the other night along with a new salad and some roasted squash. All of which lead to inviting the family and Brandon over for a new style of dinning at my house, on the floor, for lack of table space. After dinner we tried a new desert based on two of my favorites, Strawberry rhubarb shortcake (that new did not turn out as planned, because apparently unbeknown to me you are not supposed to eat raw rhubarb) So we ate around the sad raw rhubarb and enjoyed the strawberry shortcake. The success of those new things may have led me to believe that it was time to try a new hair cut, or perhaps I just was ready.Whatever the reasoning I went for it and the long hair is once again gone. It's been a long time since it was this short.
Now I don't know if from there it was the short hair that gave me the confidence to keep on trying new things or if I was just tired of being stuck in a rut. At sushi I ordered a roll totally different than the ones I normally get and it was amazing. I also tried one of Brandon's rolls of shitake mushrooms which was also good. I tried a new menu item at dinner too that was so much better than my normal dish. Finally I went to see a new film, Smart People (which is not a new concept, me going to see a new movie) but it is a must try. If you are looking for a small must try, then I suggest that you must try and see this movie.
quotes i love
- "they will never care how much you know until they know how much you care."
- "never be afraid to trust a well known God with an unknown future." - Corrie Ten Boom
- "God doesn't need you, He loves you, that is much better."
- "the world has yet to see what God can do through a man/woman who is totally commited to him." - D.L. Moody
- "be who you is, cause if is ain't who you is, you is who you ain't."-
- "some people say movies should be more like real life. I say real life should be more like the movies."