Feb 5, 2010

10 thoughts on a rainy day

1. Read Mountains Beyond Mountains. I cannot recommend this book more...In brief it is the story of how one mans passion and determination changed the world for a community in Haiti. In light of all that is going on in Haiti it is filled with good insight into the people and the nation. A challenging and inspiring read.

2. Why can we not just vaccinate everyone in the world who needs it? We have the stuff, people are giving the money...lets get this done.

3. Proverbs 3

4. Why can't Facebook make up it's mind? Just pick a format and stick with it.

5. I have 5 friends with Birthdays today.

6. Plain Folgers Coffee with Cinnamon and Sugar and a splash of Vanilla in the mix makes for some yummy morning goodness.

7. If the Film and Television industry in CA would give just 1% of it's revenue to the State of CA we might not be in debt, and they would hardly miss it. Makes sense to me.

8. When we started caring for Haiti we stopped focusing on our economic problems! hmmm...just saying.

9. I made dinner last night Roasted a Chicken, stuck my hands in and pulled out it's guts. It took forever to cook, and I was not happy with the results, it tasted fine, but it was just not as good as I had dreamed it would be. I wanted the honey glaze to turn golden brown and crispy, which is how the part that went back in the oven during dinner ended up, but then it was too late for us to enjoy. Maybe I will enjoy it as a snack later. This is what it was supposed to look like. But alas it did not.

10. My heart is breaking for Haiti, and I am having a hard time focusing on much else. Maybe that is how it should be.
If you have not heard I am waiting to see if I will be heading to Haiti to help.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

quotes i love

  • "they will never care how much you know until they know how much you care."
  • "never be afraid to trust a well known God with an unknown future." - Corrie Ten Boom
  • "God doesn't need you, He loves you, that is much better."
  • "the world has yet to see what God can do through a man/woman who is totally commited to him." - D.L. Moody
  • "be who you is, cause if is ain't who you is, you is who you ain't."-
  • "some people say movies should be more like real life. I say real life should be more like the movies."