Sep 18, 2008

no rest for the weary


I can't sleep.



That's not true...what I mean is I cannot get good sleep.



I am tired at 11pm I go to bed. I read. The words begin to move about the page, so I set the book down, turn off the light and then...poof...I am wide awake.




Last night and two nights ago you can add and freezing cold to the wide awake. I lay there. Trying to sleep, ignoring the cold. Or trying to ignore the cold.



I give up. Turn the stupid heater on, jump in a really hot shower. Just stand there till I am no longer numb.



Make my way back to bed. Pick up my book. Words blend. My eyes give up and I sleep!



But then I am restless, I toss I turn I think. I think too much. Even in my sleep I am constantly running over things. I wake up suddenly with a song stuck in my head.



Finally I sleep a bit more.



This morning at 6:30 the phone rings. I answer assuming someone must be dying.




Nope. Wrong number. Wrong number at 6:30 in the morning. Who calls people especially the wrong people at 6:30?



I try to fall back into the dream that I at least hope I was having.



Its gone. Morning has won.



So now it's 2:15pm and its safe to say that while my eyes are awake...my brain is falling in and out of sleep.

No comments:

quotes i love

  • "they will never care how much you know until they know how much you care."
  • "never be afraid to trust a well known God with an unknown future." - Corrie Ten Boom
  • "God doesn't need you, He loves you, that is much better."
  • "the world has yet to see what God can do through a man/woman who is totally commited to him." - D.L. Moody
  • "be who you is, cause if is ain't who you is, you is who you ain't."-
  • "some people say movies should be more like real life. I say real life should be more like the movies."