Feb 10, 2008
Why? Why did I permanently mark this down on my foot? I am glad you asked. It is for several reasons.
1. I read a book earlier in the year which many of you have also read titled Eat, Pray, Love. This phrase comes straight from those pages. The book changed my way of viewing and responding to life.
2. I do strive to honor the Divinity that resides within me. For me that is the Lord of the Bible. I believe that my body is His dwelling place, and I choose to do my best to honor Him with my life. This serves as a reminder to do so.
3. It is on my foot to further remind me to allow Him to lead me and to follow willingly my God.
4. As many of you know this year I have taken part in a spiritual retreat where I ask God each day for the grace that all my intentions actions and thoughts be solely for the praise and service of God.
5. For me this is a marker of the transformation that has been taking place within my own soul this year. Some people set up alters, to remind them of times where they have encountered God. This is that alter, but I get to have it with me always.
quotes i love
- "they will never care how much you know until they know how much you care."
- "never be afraid to trust a well known God with an unknown future." - Corrie Ten Boom
- "God doesn't need you, He loves you, that is much better."
- "the world has yet to see what God can do through a man/woman who is totally commited to him." - D.L. Moody
- "be who you is, cause if is ain't who you is, you is who you ain't."-
- "some people say movies should be more like real life. I say real life should be more like the movies."