Sep 23, 2007

1 fish 2 fish now I have 4 fish



My apartment was feeling kinda lonely this weekend, so I went out and bought myself two fish. Two because leaving one along most of the day seemed lonely as well. They are quite spunky and active for fish. The problem is I am having a hard time settling on names for them. The Orange and White one looks like it is wearing lipstick and I was tempted to call it Pucker, but that has not really stuck. I thought about naming the black and gold one Mr. Jones, but I am not sold on that either. So I am asking you my readers and friends to suggest some good fish names.

Those of you who were paying attention to the title of this blog may be wondering how two fish became four fish. I am still not entirely sure either, but Brianna one of my High School Students informed me that I needed to have some company in my office as well. So yesterday we went back to the pet store and I selected two more fish this time little versions of the ones I had bought the day before. For whatever reason they were easier to name. The Black and Gold one is Dolce and the Orange and White one is Gabbana.They are my designer fish.

They are my first pets since childhood, and it is kinda fun.

Let those name ideas flow...

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

i think that you need to name them after men in movies. Like Mr. Darcy or Jack or Miles...

trinity said...

I thought that might be why you needed the name Miles :)

Anonymous said...

yes it is but i still think it is a good name...

Krista said...

If the two in your office are designer fish (and I love the names) make the two fish at home white trash fish (Big Lips Billy Jean and Bubba).

trinity said...

Nice those will be added to the poll

Danielle and Melissa said...

I'm a big fan of pair names (Much like Dolce and Gabbana). Milli & Vanilli, Bonnie & Clyde, Oscar & Meyer, Calvin & Hobbs, Fred & Ginger...

Or you could stick with the designer idea. Prada, Manolo, Versace, Armani, Chanel, Valentino, Dior, Yves St. Laurent... Oscar De La Renta... All good, stylish names. ;)

trinity said...

Oooh I kinda like Oscar and Armani.

Anonymous said...

The black one looks like he could be part of the Mafia and really needs a more Mafia sort of name. The other one could be named Hot Lips, as from M.A.S.H.

Mom : )

Brandon K. Baker said...

Mort and Dugary

trinity said...

Mort and Dugary? Is there a story to go with those names? And which one for which one?

trinity said...

So the polls were not really any help as there was no clear winner. I will let you know what I decide, but thank you all for voting.

JennToodles said...

what did you decide?

quotes i love

  • "they will never care how much you know until they know how much you care."
  • "never be afraid to trust a well known God with an unknown future." - Corrie Ten Boom
  • "God doesn't need you, He loves you, that is much better."
  • "the world has yet to see what God can do through a man/woman who is totally commited to him." - D.L. Moody
  • "be who you is, cause if is ain't who you is, you is who you ain't."-
  • "some people say movies should be more like real life. I say real life should be more like the movies."