Apr 13, 2007

These Ears Have Heard Some Funny Stuff

I work with youth, and thus get to hear some pretty funny stuff...

My first week we were talking about sin and one of my students asked "so...is making pot brownies a sin?"

Then we were in the middle of a game where the kids end up hitting one another with a giant foam block when they are to slow to give the right response. One girl after getting hit with the block one too many times, proclaimed "I am not a human pinata!"

But one of my all time favorites is one I was told...

One of my girls was riding in the family car with her mom, dad, older brother and sister when all of the sudden she yells out, "I AM NOT A VIRGIN." Which came as quite a shock to mom and dad. When asked to clarify she said, "she called me a virgin, but I'm not, I'm not." Mom and dad are now alarmed that their baby girl is not only not a virgin but is proud of the fact. Later to find out that her big sister had convinced her that to be a virgin meant the opposite of what it actually means. Quite funny if you ask me. Points to the creative big sis.

No comments:

quotes i love

  • "they will never care how much you know until they know how much you care."
  • "never be afraid to trust a well known God with an unknown future." - Corrie Ten Boom
  • "God doesn't need you, He loves you, that is much better."
  • "the world has yet to see what God can do through a man/woman who is totally commited to him." - D.L. Moody
  • "be who you is, cause if is ain't who you is, you is who you ain't."-
  • "some people say movies should be more like real life. I say real life should be more like the movies."