Jun 13, 2009

Later that day I got to thinking...


I have always found that there are certain characters on TV or in the movies or books who can somehow capture what I am experiencing and express it so well that I just sit there and say...exactly.

While I would not claim to have all things in common with any of these characters,we do share similar opinions at times. This week, no maybe this year I have felt that Carrie Bradshaw, of Sex and the City has summed up some of my feelings on things.

Carrie : When did being alone become the modern-day equivalent of being a leper? Will Manhattan restaurants soon be divided up into sections -- smoking / non-smoking, single / non-single?

Carrie : Everywhere I looked, people were standing in two's. It was like Noah's upper west side rent-controlled ark.

Carrie: Some people are settling, some people are settling down, and some people refuse to settle for anything less than butterflies.

Carrie : Think about it. If you are single, after graduation there isn't one occasion where people celebrate you. ... Hallmark doesn't make a "congratulations, you didn't marry the wrong guy" card. And where's the flatware for going on vacation alone?


Carrie: Faced with her own inadequacy, Samantha did something only Samantha could do -- she threw an I-don't-have-a-baby shower, to let everyone know she was fabulous.

Carrie : It's really hard to walk in a single woman's shoes -- that's why you sometimes need really special shoes!

"It's like the riddle of the Sphinx... why are there so many great unmarried women, and no great unmarried men?"

~ Carrie Bradshaw

So because she says it so well, I thought I would let her say it for me.

2 comments:

Krista said...

I would totally get you the "congrats your not tied down so you can move across the globe" card. It's defiantly something that should be celebrated.

Unknown said...

I salute you and I celebrate you, Trinity! You are an exceptional young woman and I am privileged to get to know you. I agree with your (Carrie's) remarks about being single. May it never be so in Christ's church and in the Kingdom. Lots of love! Ciao bella!
Sarah B

quotes i love

  • "they will never care how much you know until they know how much you care."
  • "never be afraid to trust a well known God with an unknown future." - Corrie Ten Boom
  • "God doesn't need you, He loves you, that is much better."
  • "the world has yet to see what God can do through a man/woman who is totally commited to him." - D.L. Moody
  • "be who you is, cause if is ain't who you is, you is who you ain't."-
  • "some people say movies should be more like real life. I say real life should be more like the movies."