Jun 13, 2009
Later that day I got to thinking...
I have always found that there are certain characters on TV or in the movies or books who can somehow capture what I am experiencing and express it so well that I just sit there and say...exactly.
While I would not claim to have all things in common with any of these characters,we do share similar opinions at times. This week, no maybe this year I have felt that Carrie Bradshaw, of Sex and the City has summed up some of my feelings on things.
Carrie : When did being alone become the modern-day equivalent of being a leper? Will Manhattan restaurants soon be divided up into sections -- smoking / non-smoking, single / non-single?
Carrie : Everywhere I looked, people were standing in two's. It was like Noah's upper west side rent-controlled ark.
Carrie: Some people are settling, some people are settling down, and some people refuse to settle for anything less than butterflies.
Carrie : Think about it. If you are single, after graduation there isn't one occasion where people celebrate you. ... Hallmark doesn't make a "congratulations, you didn't marry the wrong guy" card. And where's the flatware for going on vacation alone?
Carrie: Faced with her own inadequacy, Samantha did something only Samantha could do -- she threw an I-don't-have-a-baby shower, to let everyone know she was fabulous.
Carrie : It's really hard to walk in a single woman's shoes -- that's why you sometimes need really special shoes!
"It's like the riddle of the Sphinx... why are there so many great unmarried women, and no great unmarried men?"
~ Carrie Bradshaw
So because she says it so well, I thought I would let her say it for me.
quotes i love
- "they will never care how much you know until they know how much you care."
- "never be afraid to trust a well known God with an unknown future." - Corrie Ten Boom
- "God doesn't need you, He loves you, that is much better."
- "the world has yet to see what God can do through a man/woman who is totally commited to him." - D.L. Moody
- "be who you is, cause if is ain't who you is, you is who you ain't."-
- "some people say movies should be more like real life. I say real life should be more like the movies."