Jul 20, 2007

What a Girl Wants

My friend and I were talking and he said something to the effect that it is difficult to be the guy that girls want because we want various things. We want the silent brooding type, yet get mad when that same guy seems distant and unresponsive. Or perhaps we want the guy who will let us open our own door, and pay for things, but then we complain that the guy is not the gentleman we have always dreamed of. You get the idea.
I pointed out girls have the same issues. We don't know what to be the girl next door, or the independent self reliant woman. Unsure if we should pursue a career or be simply wife and mom. Should we be loud or soft spoken.
He said it was totally not the same because guys know that they are not going to get what they want, while girls hold on to the hope of finding that guy who can be perfect, brooding at times and talkative at others.
I found it mildly frustrating that he has given up hope of finding what he was looking for, until he went on to say that what he really wants is a woman who will leave him alone. At least that is what he wants right now.
I for one agree that I am holding out for the perfect guy, but not perfect in the sense that he is actually perfect, just that he is perfect for me. I don't know for certain what that entails but with each year that passes I am getting a clearer picture.

I do know this...The guy must have a sense of humor, able to find humor in life and to laugh with me and make me laugh. I want to be able to make him laugh as well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So incredibly true!! Along similar lines... I was listening to Jerry Seinfeld and he was talking about the differences between men and women. He was talking about how men are pigs and we women then we can change them and that in fact we ARE changing them. Then he said that the guys are the ones fooling us because they really aren't changing at all.

"We're not improving. We men know, no matter how poorly we behave it seems we somehow end up with women anyway... Men as an organization are getting more women than any other organization." Jerry Seinfeld

Just thought I'd share it cause I thought it was funny :o)

quotes i love

  • "they will never care how much you know until they know how much you care."
  • "never be afraid to trust a well known God with an unknown future." - Corrie Ten Boom
  • "God doesn't need you, He loves you, that is much better."
  • "the world has yet to see what God can do through a man/woman who is totally commited to him." - D.L. Moody
  • "be who you is, cause if is ain't who you is, you is who you ain't."-
  • "some people say movies should be more like real life. I say real life should be more like the movies."